Subscribe:

Ads 468x60px

I am a Type A endomorph. I struggle with weight. This is my Journey

Thursday, February 11, 2016

Meatball Parmigiana Salad, It's What's For Dinner.

Today I didn't walk. It was colder in here then  it was outside.... I missed a beautiful day. Tomorrow I will be going to the feed store... Thats prob. a 2- 2.5 mile walk round trip. That will make up for what I missed today.  Then I got a txt from my baby in Tampa. Someone cut open her patio ( enclosed)
and stole her BF's bike she just spent 150.00 on for Xmas for him.... Its stuff like that that makes me HATE PPL!!

 I made Turkey Meatballs Parmigiana Salad, and Lemon lime soda.  It's Not 6 week approved but it's Keto Approved. This will be my dinner for the next 4 days or so.
I need my cheese every so often. I made enough for 2 pans. I also made the Lemon lime soda instead of drinking the aspartame laden crap from the market.

Sorry about the Pics. My fones camera doesn't always take the best pics, I am still trying to figure it out. Sometimes too much technology is overwhelming.

Anyhoo, I normally make my meatballs with beef , but to healthify it I used turkey instead. And 1 secret Ingredient.

That Ingredient  is MY Sauce.

I learned to make sauce as  a little girl. On saturday night in the kitchen with my mother. She would take canned tomatoes and strain and mash them over a mesh strainer until there was just the loose pulp and seeds left and then she would DISCARD IT!!!  HORRORS! Needless to say her sauce  was thin and always greasy.

This was the foundation to my own sauce. I make it with crushed tomatoes ( canned) , spices, and I add parmesan cheese to the sauce.  I make it and let it sit over night on the stove top to marry. Then I put it in bowls and freeze it. When ever I want to make meatballs I take a bowl out and defrost it.







The Soda is 1 lemon and 1 lime squeezed into  a cup with 1 packet Stevia and 1 packet sweet n low with some lemon and lime seltzer and Ice.... Yumm-O



While I get ready for the New TGIT Kick off, ( I don't watch scandal but I do watch Greys, and Murder ,)  here is the Recipe:


1 lb ground Turkey
2 eggs
ground pork rinds equivalent to about 1/2 cup. ( I put them in a large zip lock and step on them to pulverize) I don't have a food processor, and my bullet doesn't grind them down enough for me.
1 lb Mozzarella cheese
a shake or two of grated Parmesan Cheese
Salt and pepper
Onion and Garlic Powder. I just give it a good shaking ( I love Onion and garlic so I am heavy handed)
Tomato sauce

Mix the turkey, eggs, sauce, parmesan, pork rinds and 1/4 of the mozzarella, and spices.

Spray the pan with some cooking spray, then cover with a small layer of tomato sauce
I use my cookie scoop to measure out the meatballs.
Spoon some sauce over the meatballs and finish off with the rest of the mozzarella.
Cover with foil and bake at 350 for one hour.
After they are cooled you can put them in the fridge and eat right out of the pan. Reheat in microwave.

I cut up some Romaine in a bowl and put 4-5 meatballs on top and eat it that way.

Enjoy

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogger Templates