Subscribe:

Ads 468x60px

I am a Type A endomorph. I struggle with weight. This is my Journey

Saturday, February 27, 2016

6 WBMO - The BEST Breakfast Smoothie (Preworkout)


__________________________________________________________________________
From member ..... I remembered that my mom used to make us milk shakes with raw egg in it and thought it would be a great idea for the smoothie--to make it thick. AND I always look for easier ways to get my proteins down in the AM!

I made it today and it was wonderful. I exercise after breakfast so MY recipe is for the extra carb and fruit. I exercise after breakfast and I eat it early (about 630 am) so if you are not exercising, you will have to delete the TWO fruits besides banana....if you delete the banana and one of the other fruits, your smoothie wont be as thick. (but still good) 


BMOS Note: As originally posted in 2003, this recipe contained conventional egg whites. Since there is a risk of bacterial infection from the consumption of raw eggs, I've taken the precaution of substituting pasteurized egg whites, which are safe consumed raw.


Preworkout Version:

  • ¼ cup pasteurized egg white (these make it very thick and creamy) 
  • ½ cup frozen blueberries (could use any berries) 
  • 1 medium ripe banana (counts as carb here) 
  • ½ cup grapefruit, peeled and broken into sections 
  • ½ teaspoon vanilla 
  • splash rice milk (can sub water) ( Un sweetened almond milk)
  • ½ cup cold water 
  • 1 cup ice

Put everything but the ice and frozen berries in a blender, whirl until nice and smooth. Add frozen berries and do the same. Last add ice ( I used crushed) and blend until thick smooth and cold. MMMMMM. 

(As a Preworkout Meal) Compatible with Body Type:Breakfast A-B-C-D-E
Morning Snack A-B-C-D-E
Lunch
Afternoon Snack A-B-C-D-E
Dinner
PM Snack

(As a Preworkout Meal) This Recipe Contains: Protein A, Fruit A, Fruit B/Carb (Banana is used as Carb)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogger Templates