Subscribe:

Ads 468x60px

I am a Type A endomorph. I struggle with weight. This is my Journey

Saturday, February 20, 2016

Quiche It is Whats for Dinner.

Tonight I made Bacon Broccoli and Cheddar Quiche. It is NOT 6 Week approved but it is Keto Approved.

As I said before I am doing a modified version of the 6 week body makeover. I was doing Keto / Atkins but Stalled.  SO I went back to the 6WBMO plan, but I struggle with the strictness of it and sometimes I don't want just Egg white, sometimes I want all the egg and cheese. And of course my BPC.

I think once I get my supplements under control I won't be craving so much.

Meanwhile I will deal with this stall from the cheese And then get back on plan as fast as I can. Maybe Next month I will forgo the cheese, but since I bought it already ( I shop once a month) I was not about to waste it.

I have a problem with the use of Broccoli or spinach in quiche, in that it is very watery. I cooked the broccoli before putting it in the quiche to reduce the amount of liquid, but it was still too watery when I cut it open. I know when this sits it will firm up and probably resolve itself, we will see in the morning.

I used about 2 cups of frozen broccoli that I nuked for 3 mins. I didn't measure I just poured. About a 1/2 large or 1 med onion cut up. I just left them large rough cuts rather then minced. I like onions, and figure they would cook down nice. You can Mince them if you want.

 8 oz of sharp cheddar that I grated myself. I don't really care for a lot of pre-shredded cheese. They put potato starch in to keep it from caking and to extent shelf life. It tends to be dry and I don't always like how it cooks down, for this reason I take the 5 mins and do it myself. I
know its fresh that way.

The bacon I used is from Aldis. It is the cheapest bacon on the market. It is also the crappiest. It is irregular.
The slices are not always uniform in size and a lot of time it falls apart. But with bacon at over 5.00 a lb I buy this on occasion for about 3.89.  It tastes good.  Just like bacon should.



I added 6 whole eggs and 2/3 cup liquid white which is the equivalent to 4 egg whites.  Some recipes I seen called for 4 eggs , some 8. I figured 6 whole eggs and then just the whites would work. I also added a 1/4 cup half and half ( I don't use milk. It goes bad too fast in this house)
 
As for spices I just used some nice fresh cracked pepper and a little onion powder. I figured the bacon and the cheese have enough sodium. If it really needed salt I can always use some Nu-Salt , salt sub when it gets on the plate.  But it didn't need any.

I sprayed the pie plate with cooking spray ( Generously). and layered in starting with the broccoli, then the onion and bacon then 2 handfuls of cheese then the egg mix and finally the rest of the cheese.  I put it on a cookie sheet in case it boiled over.






VOILA





Despite the liquid when I cut it open It was Delish.  I cut it into 4ths then cut them in half  So I have 8 small pcs.
 I have dinner and lunch for the next couple of days.
*********************************************************************************

6 whole eggs & 2/3 cup egg white
1/4 cup half and half
1 med. onion, diced
8 oz cheddar cheese shredded
2/3 lbs of bacon cooked & crumbled
abt. 2 cups of cooked and drained broccoli.
cracked black pepper
onion powder
Any other spices you like

Scramble eggs and half and half add pepper and onion and any other spices
Spray Glass pie plate generously with cooking spray. Layer broccoli, onion and crumbled bacon
Add 2 handfuls of cheese.
Add egg mix and then rest of cheese.
Cook for 45 minutes in a 350 degree oven.


  • Calories414.4
  • Total Fat29.0 g
  • Saturated Fat13.8 g
  • Polyunsaturated Fat1.2 g
  • Monounsaturated Fat4.3 g
  • Cholesterol217.5 mg
  • Sodium1,095.8 mg
  • Potassium243.1 mg
  • Total Carbohydrate3.9 g
  • Dietary Fiber1.3 g
  • Sugars1.1 g
  • Protein30.5 g

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogger Templates