From member ...... I made this as a dessert/late snack. My 6 yr. old son even likes this enough to take it for his Sunday school snack. You have to prepare it ahead of time (before dinner), but it is well worth the ninety seconds or so it takes.
- 1 cup strawberries (frozen is best but fresh is okay)
- 1 cup sliced peaches (canned is okay if packed in juice but not syrup. Do not use juice)
- 1-1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon or nutmeg
- 1/2 tablespoon Splenda
- 1/2 cup cold water (use ice if using fresh fruit)
Note: The reason I recommend using frozen fruit and cold water is basic science. If it's already partially frozen, it won't take as long to set up in the freezer. (Also be sure your frozen fruit contains no added sugar.)
Place all ingredients in blender and blend until smooth. Pour mixture into freezer safe container and place in freezer until set. Makes 4 - rounded 1/2 cup servings (because of the water content).
You can change it up and add different fruit, just be sure to adjust the portion sizes for your body type.
Compatible with Body Type:
Morning Snack A-B-D
Afternoon Snack A-E
PM Snack A-B-C-D-E
This Recipe Contains: Fruit A