Subscribe:

Ads 468x60px

I am a Type A endomorph. I struggle with weight. This is my Journey

Monday, February 15, 2016

6 WBMO - Simple Dijon Mustard



From member .........  I didn't have the ingredients for the Dijon mustard that is already posted here so I decided to do a search to make my own.  This recipe can be found just about anywhere on the internet, I have just tweaked it to make it plan friendly.  Please note do not use aluminum pans or utensils while making mustard as you will end up with a very bitter batch. 



  • 1 cup dry white wine
  • ½ cup chopped onions
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • ½ cup dry mustard powder
  • 1 tablespoon Splenda


Combine wine, onion, splenda and garlic in a small sauce pan.  Heat to boiling, reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.  Pour into bowl and let cool for at least ten minutes.  Strain the wine mixture into the dry mustard in a small sauce pan (leaving the onions and garlic behind), beat until smooth.  Heat slowly stirring constantly until mixture thickens.  Cover and let cool.  Pour into container and refrigerate.  The original recipe states to refrigerate for at least two days before using but I used it right away.  Freshly prepared mustard is much more pungent than mustard that is allowed to refrigerate for a few days.  If you like a milder flavor please refrigerate. 


Compatible with Body Type:
Breakfast A-B-C-D-E
Morning Snack A-B-C-D-E
Lunch A-B-C-D-E
Afternoon Snack  A-B-C-D-E
Dinner A-B-C-D-E
PM Snack  A-B-C-D-E

This Recipe Contains:  All Free Foods

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogger Templates