From member ....... This recipe comes from a cookbook called Chinese Favorites.
Note: Very important note here per the FDA. Don't use marinade from raw poultry as a sauce unless it is boiled first to destroy bacteria.
Note also that Monasue mentions that members who are Living Lean may wish to add 1 tablespoon of toasted sesame seeds** to the mixture along with the green onions. Members during the reduction phase are encouraged to enjoy this recipe without sesame seeds.
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts (I use chicken tenders, just because there’s less cutting to do)
- ½ cup OP teriyaki sauce (Please see index to Condiment Recipe forum for Mock Teriyaki Sauce recipe; also note that she did not use egg white called for in Mock Teriyaki recipe)
- 3 teaspoons arrowroot (1 tablespoon)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (I use more, but I really like garlic)
- 2 large green onions, cut into ½” slices
Cut chicken into 1” pieces, toss with teriyaki sauce in small bowl. Marinate at room temperature 15 minutes or cover and refrigerate up to 2 hours.
Drain chicken and reserve marinade. Blend reserved marinade into arrowroot until smooth.
Heat wok or large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and garlic, stir-fry 3 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Stir marinade mixture, add to wok along with green onions. Stir-fry 30 seconds or until sauce boils and thickens.
** ingredient is not recommended for use during the reduction phase of program. See "General Food and Cooking" FAQ for more detail.
Compatible with Body Type:
Morning Snack A-B-C-D-E
Afternoon Snack A-B-C-D-E
PM Snack A-D-E
This Recipe Contains: Protein B