Subscribe:

Ads 468x60px

I am a Type A endomorph. I struggle with weight. This is my Journey

Friday, February 12, 2016

6 WBMO - Chicken Roulades with Spinach and Mushroom



From member ......

BMOS Note: The amount of oatmeal per serving in this recipe is minimal and may be considered a freebie!



Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Remove stems from mushrooms and coarsely chop. In a large nonstick skillet, sauté mushrooms, scallions in chicken broth until mushrooms are tender. Add spinach and sauté till spinach is wilted. Remove from skillet with a slotted spoon or strain so liquid is mostly gone. Add oatmeal and toss (should be sticky.)

Remove any fat that may be on chicken and with plastic wrap pound chicken lightly till flat. (Use caution when pounding to hard and the chicken will rip and tear.) Fill chicken with stuffing mix and secure end with a toothpick. In a skillet sauté till they are brown or have a little color (use very little water or stock to cook). Remove from the skillet and place in a baking dish add remaining stock and cook till internal temp reaches 165.


Compatible with Body Type:
Breakfast A-B-C-D-E
Morning Snack A-B-C-D-E
Lunch A-B-C-D-E
Afternoon Snack A-B-C-D-E 
Dinner A-B-C-D-E
PM Snack A-D-E

This Recipe Contains: Protein B, Free Veggies



Comment from another member offers these tips:

This recipe is super YUMMY!

I did some of my own modifications. 
I bought thinly sliced chicken breasts then pounded them down into a thinner cutlet. Foster Farms has the pre-sliced breasts to make the pounding a little easier.  I also added a lot of mushrooms. ( 16 ounces )

I used about 1 cup NSA chicken broth and  about 3/4 cup of sauvignon blanc wine to saute the veggies in a medium to large skillet that has a lid. (Or you can use some foil to cover) I  also added fresh garlic, dried basil and a hint of rosemary while the veggies were sauteing. I cooked uncovered until the mushrooms were cooked, then added the spinach.

Once the Spinach was wilted, I turned the heat off the skillet and removed the filling as instructed reserving the liquid left in the skillet. (about 1 1/4  to 1 1/2 cup of reserved liquid was left) 
Before you stuff your cutlets, season them with some black pepper and garlic powder on each side. 
Once I added the oat flour, and stuffed the chicken cutlets, I turned the heat on about medium to medium high and returned the stuffed breasts to their skillet. Bast each breast with the juices, cover and cook for a few mins, then rebast about every 4-5 mins. I added a splash more of wine on each breast.
Now you want the breasts to simmer at a medium pace, you can leave a very small vent to help cook the juices down very slowly. Once the chicken reaches 165, your juices should almost be gone and you are left with a very delicious marsala like "gravy" (mostly due to the thickening aspects of the oat flour and mushrooms). Spoon this over each breast and ENJOY!!!!

Your stuffed chicken breasts should be very tender and not dry. (I hate dried chicken/turkey breast)
My recipe yielded 5 servings. (5 cutlet stuffed breasts)
*side note: I had to use 3 tooth picks on each breast to hold the filling in side. One in the middle, and one on each end. This will also help ensure your chicken turns out moist and delicious :) 

WOW THIS WAS THE BEAST RECIPE YET! My husband LOVED it.  Thanks for sharing!!!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogger Templates