Subscribe:

Ads 468x60px

I am a Type A endomorph. I struggle with weight. This is my Journey

Saturday, March 26, 2016

6 WBMO - SPAGHETTI SAUCE

SPAGHETTI SAUCE

From member ...... My Italian bones were aching for some real authentic Italian, particularly spaghetti sauce. So, I have created an original...what I and 10 of my friends think is a real taste of Italy.

14.5 oz can nsa diced tomatoes
2 (8 oz) cans nsa tomato sauce
1/8 cup minced onion
1½ teaspoon basil
1 teaspoon oregano
1 bay leaf
1¼ teaspoon freshly minced garlic
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
¼ cup red wine (Burgundy is good)
½ teaspoon crushed red chili (the chili you sprinkle on pizza)
1 teaspoon onion powder
¼ teaspoon Mrs. Dash
¼ cup sliced portabella mushrooms (optional)

Put all ingredients into saucepan. Stir and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to just simmer. Continue to simmer uncovered for 30-40 minutes, letting flavors blend and sauce thicken. The longer you simmer, the thicker the sauce will get. Serving idea: Sprinkle ½ cup cooked spaghetti squash with 2 oz seasoned cooked ground turkey or beef. Cover with 1 ladle of sauce.

This Recipe Contains: All Free Foods

Other serving ideas are over rice or a baked potato.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogger Templates