From member .... Another one from www.recipesource.com
BMOS Note: Although the original recipe posted in early 2003 called for a handful of frozen peas and low sodium soy sauce, to keep this recipe completely on-plan we have made the substitutions below.
- 4 cups leftover cooked, cold brown rice
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 large onion, chopped
- ½ lb mushrooms
- 2-3 green onions, sliced
- handful of fresh or frozen snow peas
- any other compatible vegetables you have in your refrigerator, chopped
- soy sauce substitute (see Condiment Recipe Forum)
- water or nsa chicken broth as desired, for sautéing (optional)
In a large non-stick skillet, sauté the ginger, garlic, onion, mushrooms and any other vegetables that need pre-cooking, for about 5 minutes over medium-high heat. (BMOS Note: You may add a bit of broth if you wish, or rely upo the vegetables' natural moisture for sautéing.) Transfer to a bowl. Dry off bottom of skillet, return to heat and add rice. Dry fry rice for a while, until some it turns golden brown. Add back cooked vegetables, green onions, and snow peas. Sprinkle with soy sauce substitute to taste and mix well.
Compatible with Body Type:
This Recipe Contains: Carb B, Veggie A, Free Veggies