Subscribe:

Ads 468x60px

I am a Type A endomorph. I struggle with weight. This is my Journey

Tuesday, March 8, 2016

6 WBMO - Fantasy Cabbage Rolls


From member .... I found this recipe on the back of my rice bag. I was putting off making cabbage rolls because I knew they would take some time - mixing the filling, rolling them, baking. This recipe is SO much faster and easier and it came out delicious. The original recipe calls for soy sauce, but I omitted that. 

  • 1 lb ground turkey breast
  • 1 medium onion, chopped 
  • 1 clove garlic, pressed 
  • 14.5 oz can nsa diced tomatoes 
  • ¾ cup rice, uncooked 
  • ½ teaspoon oregano 
  • ½ teaspoon basil 
  • ½ teaspoon black pepper 
  • 1¼ cups water 
  • ¾ pound green cabbage, cut into bite-sized chunks

Heat large frying pan over high heat. Add ground turkey and sauté until nicely browned. Add onion and garlic and sauté 1 minute longer. Mix in tomatoes (undrained), uncooked rice, oregano, basil, pepper and cups water. Arrange cabbage on top. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Stir cabbage into turkey mixture. Cover and let stand 10 minutes before serving. 

Compatible with Body Type:
Breakfast A-C-D-E
Morning Snack C-E
Lunch A-B-C-D-E
Afternoon Snack B-C-D
Dinner A-B-C-D-E
PM Snack

This Recipe Contains: Protein B, Carb B, Free Veggies

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogger Templates