Subscribe:

Ads 468x60px

I am a Type A endomorph. I struggle with weight. This is my Journey

Tuesday, March 8, 2016

6 WBMO - French Fries Done Mom's Way

From member ...... My mom started this recipe and I tweaked it my way.
  • 2 potatoes 
  • 1 to 2 cups nsa chicken broth
  • ½ teaspoon onion powder
  • ½ teaspoon garlic powder
  • pepper, to taste
Cut up the potatoes. You can use any kind you prefer, even sweet potatoes. Cut up to the size you prefer. I have made thick and shoestring sized potatoes. Put them in a single layer in a skillet. Add chicken broth. Depending on the size of the skillet you may have to add more nsa broth, so that you fill up the pan to top of the fries, so they are almost covered. Sprinkle in the onion and garlic powder, and pepper to taste. Cook at high heat for 10 minutes, and low for the last 5 minutes till liquid is almost gone. Take out before they will stick to pan, when the liquid has almost evaporated, and just before the fries are at the point of almost sticking,

I take them out of the skillet and put them on parchment paper on a cookie sheet.
Put them in a preheated oven at 425. Time can be between 20-40 minutes in the oven, depending on the thickness of the cut potatoes.

Take out when golden brown and crispy.


Compatible with Body Type:
Breakfast A-C-D-E
Morning Snack C-E
Lunch A-B-C-D-E
Afternoon Snack B-C-D
Dinner A-B-C-D-E
PM Snack
This Recipe Contains: Carb A, Free Food

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogger Templates