Subscribe:

Ads 468x60px

I am a Type A endomorph. I struggle with weight. This is my Journey

Saturday, March 5, 2016

6 WBMO - Garlicky Chicken or Pork Adobo

From the website:  http://www.geocities.ws/mt6wbm/recipes/garlicchickenadobo.txt

There is no adobo in this I don't know why it was named as such

Garlicky Chicken Adobo  
         
I found this recipe tonight, and want to share it with 
the 6wbm world..... :)
Thanks,  tracialona

Garlicky Chicken Adobo 

(It can be used for pork as well as chicken.)

4 pounds chicken (whole or parts such as breasts, 
legs or thighs cut into serving size pieces)
**I used 8 tenders** 

1/2 cup vinegar; white, cider or wine 
**I used 1/4 cup**

10-12 fresh garlic cloves, peeled and cut in half 
1/2 cup soy sauce Soy sauce was removed from approved list b/c of the Sodium content, there is an OP Soy sauce, I personally use Low Sodium and then drink lots of water.
**I used only a few dashes, since I don't have low or no 
sodium soy sauce**

1/2 cup water 
coarse ground black pepper, to taste 

Brown chicken briefly on all sides in a large non-stick skillet. 
Drain off fat. Add garlic, soy, vinegar, water and pepper. 
Cover and simmer at least 30 minutes (I didn't have to cook 
that long since I didn't have a lot of chicken) or until very 
tender. Turn chicken once during cooking.

Serve with rice to soak up the juice.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogger Templates