Subscribe:

Ads 468x60px

I am a Type A endomorph. I struggle with weight. This is my Journey

Tuesday, March 8, 2016

6 WBMO - Shrimp "Fried" Rice (for Rice Cooker or Slow Cooker)


From member ...... I developed this recipe, because I love shrimp, and I love shrimp fried rice but didn't want the msg, soy sauce or oil used in the original recipes. 

  • 1 cup raw brown rice (I used 7 brown rice blend organic You can use whatever brown rice you have I just like the shorter grains)
  • 1 cup raw long grain white rice
  • 1 small onion diced (or more if you like more)
  • 2 lbs precooked popcorn shrimp (I get mine frozen)
  • 1 teaspoon nsa Asian Five Spice Powder (BMOS Note: although recipes vary somewhat, if you don't have this, you can make your own by mixing equal part of ground Szechwan (or black) pepper, star anise (or anise), cinnamon, cloves, and fennel.)
  • 4 cups water

Place all ingredients in a rice cooker (you can use a slow cooker if you use that to make rice also). I just flip my rice cooker to cook, and when all the liquid is absorbed by the rice, it flips to warm, and I know it's done.

*You can substitute 4 egg whites cooked/scrambled for ½ lb shrimp if you like eggs in your fried rice.

*I also sprinkled some garlic powder on my serving before eating. I loved it. 


Compatible with Body Type:
Breakfast A-C-D-E
Morning Snack C-E
Lunch A-B-C-D-E
Afternoon Snack B-C-D
Dinner A-B-C-D-E
PM Snack

This Recipe Contains: Protein B (Protein A if egg white option used), Carb B, Free Veggie

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogger Templates