Subscribe:

Ads 468x60px

I am a Type A endomorph. I struggle with weight. This is my Journey

Tuesday, March 8, 2016

6 WBMO - Pulled Pork Barbecue


From member .... found this wonderful recipe at www.allrecipes.com, and adapted it to be plan compliant. Since we don't have a lot of pork recipes, I thought people would enjoy this. I've been looking for good recipes for pork as a change of pace occasionally for dinner.

I left out the oil to sauté the onion and garlic, and the salt to taste in the recipe, but it is super without that. 


Rub pork with 1 teaspoon chili powder and ½ tsp. garlic powder; place in baking pan (You can also cook it about 60 minutes in a pressure cooker instead, with about 3 cups water, and it will be tender and easy to shred). Bake in preheated oven at 425 degrees 30-40 minutes or until pork is well-browned and juices run clear. Let stand 10 to 15 minutes. Cut into 2 to 3-inch slices; shred into bite-sized pieces with fork.

Heat medium saucepan over medium heat until hot. Sauté onion and garlic in about 2 tablespoons water, about 5 minutes or until tender. Add tomatoes, vinegar, mustard, chili powder, maple extract, and liquid smoke to saucepan; heat to boiling.

Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, 10-15 minutes or until medium sauce consistency. Stir in Splenda. Season to taste with pepper. Stir pork into sauce; cook 2 to 3 minutes or until hot. Spoon mixture over potatoes or rice.

I had a big tenderloin, so I doubled the recipe, and I will have to freeze some, it made so much! I put it over potato, and it was lovely. It doesn't make a lot of extra sauce, so you could probably double the ingredients if you wanted more sauce, but it's fine as is over potato, and would be great also over rice, since we aren't allowed breads. 


Compatible with Body Type:
Breakfast D-E
Morning Snack D-E
Lunch A-D-E
Afternoon Snack D-E
Dinner A-B-C-D-E
PM Snack

This Recipe Contains: Protein C, Free Veggies

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogger Templates