Subscribe:

Ads 468x60px

I am a Type A endomorph. I struggle with weight. This is my Journey

Saturday, March 5, 2016

6 WBMO - Sofrito

http://www.geocities.ws/mt6wbm/recipes/sofrito.txt

Sofrito
from Provida Chat Forum member arroy001 

I'm originally from Puerto Rico and over there we cook without 
adding much salt (if any). We instead season with spices and veggies. 
The following recipe is for Sofrito. 

1 bunch cilantro leaves 
2 red or green bell pepper - chopped (I like green) 
1 large white onion, chopped 
1 lb sweet peppers (optional) 
1/2 lb of garlic cloves 
freshly ground black pepper to taste 

Blend all the ingredients in a food processor. 
You can freeze this stuff for years. 

We use Sofrito to season rice, soups (oh, yummy), beans.. 
We even use it to stuff cornish hens! Anyway.. The amounts are 
suggestions. "Real" Sofrito is unique to each family. Make sure 
you start with a tsp per cup of liquid at a time till you figure 
out how much is just right for you. I add lots of it to my soups 
(~3 tsps/cup!!)... BTW, this stuff is added to your food while 
it's cooking. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogger Templates