Subscribe:

Ads 468x60px

I am a Type A endomorph. I struggle with weight. This is my Journey

Monday, January 13, 2020

Fruit Filled Meringues 6WBMO

This weekend I ran across a recipe and I thought I had screenshotted it but I didn't but I remember it because I made it right after I found it.

I love meringues and this recipe is for meringues with fruit infused .

As a Type A I can have berries so I buy the bag of mixed berries at Aldi's. I took out my portion from the freezer which is a half cup serving and put it in my bullet and ground it down.
I also use pyure sweetener for baking. But I grind it down into a confectionery powder rather than granulated because I find the granulated doesn't always break down and sometimes can leave a grit.

I am pretty sure all body types can eat this, I'm not familiar what each person can have but I'm pretty sure that the berries can be enjoyed from everybody from type A to Type E.

If you are allowed berries for your breakfast this would be an excellent treat to make at night and just leave in the oven overnight to cool.


2 large egg whites ( can use 1/4 cup of pasteurized liquid whites)
1/2tsp lemon juice ( I use the bottled stuff)
3Tbs pyure or powder sweetner of choice
1/2tsp of vanilla or almond extract
Cinnamon (optional)
1/2 cup ground berries ( or finely chopped fruit of choice)

Preheat oven to 220.

In a clean glass bowl, do not use plastic or the eggs won't rise, beat your eggs with electric mixer. When they start to get foamy add your extract and lemon juice. Keep beating ,add sweetner one spoon at a time to fully incorporate.
Keep on high on till the eggs form stiff peaks.

Add in your fruit and sprinkle a little cinnamon on top fold everything together gently, (DO NOT MIX)  and using a regular tablespoon or cereal spoon place a dollop of meringue mixture onto a baking sheet lined with a Silpat or parchment paper.

Bake for 2 hours ON TOP RACK.  Turn off the oven and leave them in there for at least another hour  to crisp up.

They may not look very pretty but they taste like heaven. Especially to somebody like me who has a really bad sweet tooth.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogger Templates